Learn more about how to edit and use the pre-built "Sale" campaign email template.
Notify your customers about an upcoming or current sale. You can include product images, product details and an add to cart button with a customizable link. All customers will receive an email with their discounted pricing.
- Click on Marketing > Campaigns, then Add Campaign.
- You will see 5 email templates. Click the template called Sale
- At the top you'll always find general information about your campaign:
- Title: This is not customer facing.
- Tag: The list of customers that this email should be sent to. This searches for customer tags only. A campaign can only be sent to one customer list.
- From Name + From Email: This is what customers will see in their inbox when they receive the email. (The defaults here are populated from Settings > Email > Campaign Sender.)
- Subject Line: The title that appears in the customer's inbox.
- Preview Text: The email description that appears until the title in the customer's inbox.
- Follow the instructions below on how to edit the preset content blocks.
- For each content block you can click on it to drag and move it or delete it from the pre-set template. If you hover below an existing content block, you can also add new content blocks.
- When your content is complete and you're ready to send, click the "Send & Review" button at the bottom of the page.
For a more in-depth / general overview about creating & sending campaigns (not specific to this template), click here.
Editing the "Title" block
To edit the title block, click anywhere on the title in the email preview window. This will open up an editing section to the right of the screen.
Make your edits using the available editing option.
Editing the main "Product" blocks
The product blocks include information about the product or products you have on sale.
To edit this content in these blocks, click on the product block in the email preview window. This will open up an editing section to the right of the screen.
Add content and make adjustments using the fields in the editing section.
- Product: type a product name in the search field to pull product options from your store.
- Coupon: type a coupon title in the search field to pull coupon options you have setup. When you add a coupon the product price will display with the original price and discounted price. For more information on how discounts work with Campaigns, click here.
- Alignment: choose Center, Left or Right from the drop-down menu.
- Options: check the appropriate boxes depending on what you want to display.
- Content: the product content will populate based on the content you have setup on the product profile. This text can be edited if you wish.
- Alternate Background Color: use the toggle to change your background colour from white. Your alternate background colour is managed under Settings > Emails > Email Theme.
The tools above the content editing area are the only options for styling the text (ie. bold, italic, underline, alignment and hyperlink). Font is controlled by the font chosen under Settings > Email > Email Theme. Custom fonts, text sizes etc. are not available.
Editing the "Call to Action" block
To edit the Call to Action block, click on the product block in the email preview window. This will open up an editing section to the right of the screen.
Make your edits using the available editing options.