There are multiple ways to add products to Commerce7.
If you don't have too many skus, it makes sense to just add them manually. If a new sku is an updated vintage of an existing product, you should use our product duplicate feature. If you have a few dozen or few hundred skus to create in Commerce7, it might be best to use our API's. If you regularly add, remove, and change skus, it probably best to use Zapier.
Note: Edits made to products AFTER they have been added to a club package will not update in the Club Package (i.e adding images). It is recommended to avoid making edits to products that are already in a club package (i.e changing statuses, SKUs etc).
Manually Create a Product
To manually add a product in Commerce7, navigate to store > products, then click "Add Product".
Select the Product Type
There are several product types to choose from when creating a product:
- Wine: This product type includes wine related default product attributes for your bottles of wine. Learn more about setting up wine products here.
- Tasting: This type is used to set up your tasting sku's and also includes wine related product attributes. Learn more about setting up tasting products here.
- General Merchandise: will be used to set up products that do not have wine attributes, such as food or merchandise. Learn more about setting up a general merchandise product here.
- Bundle: is a grouping of sku's. Learn more about setting up bundles here.
- Gift Card: can be a virtual or physical gift card. Learn more about setting up gift cards here.
- Collateral Product allows for a zero dollar piece of collateral to be added to an order or club shipment. For example create a Collateral product for a newsletter for orders or club packages if your fulfillment company can't dynamically inject a newsletter. Learn more about setting up collateral products here.
- Rebate Product allows for a negative priced product that can be used as a rebate or credit on the POS or admin panel.
For example if you are booking reservations and the customer pays in advance, but you give a refund at the winery if they purchase product, then a rebate product can be used to handle this refund. Learn more about creating a rebate product here.
Adding a product by duplicating an existing product
If you are looking to update a vintage on an existing product, an easier alternative to manually creating a new sku would be to duplicate an existing sku. Here is how to do that.
Adding a product via our API's.
If you have a few dozen or hundred products to create in Commerce7, you can save time by creating products using our API's.
If you're comfortable doing this on your own, here is our API documentation -https://api-docs.commerce7.com/docs. If you run into questions while creating products via the API's, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not a developer, and are not comfortable importing on your own using our API's - there are a number of 3rd party developers we'd recommend you work with. You can find them here - https://commerce7.com/partners/developers.
Adding, deleting, and updating products via Zapier.
If you regularly add, remove, and update a large number of products, it may be helpful to integrate with Zapier. Contact email@example.com for assistance setting up this integration.