Wine and Tasting product types include wine related default product attributes for your bottles or glass of wine.
In this article:
Adding a product
- Under Store > Products, click Add Product
- Select Wine for wine bottles
- Select Tasting if this is a tasting SKU sold in your tasting room
- On selecting the product type, you'll be brought to a new page where you can add your wine details.
- The required fields that you'll need to complete are Title, Variant Title, SKU, Price, and Volume
- Click Save Product
Once the product has been saved, click back into the product, and copy and paste the product's URL into your browser to see how the product looks on your website.
Wine product fields
- *Title: Product name used across admin, your website, POS
- Subtitle: Product subtitle (if applicable)
- Teaser: A short description of the product that will appear when viewing the Collection page on your website
Collection page example:
- Content: Details and description of the product. This information is displayed on the details page of your website when you click into a product. Use the WYSIWYG editor to style the content or to add images or links.
Product details page example:
- Photos: Image for the product. Add one or multiple
- *Variant Title: Enter the variant title(i.e. 750 ml). If you're product is going to have multiple variants (different sized bottles like 750ml, 1.5L, etc, you can use variants to segment your single product by different properties.
- *SKU: Enter in your SKU number (if you're connected with ShipCompliant, your SKU in Commerce7 must match with your SKU in ShipCompliant).
- UPC Code: If using an integrated bar code scanner in your tasting room, click on the "UPC Code" field, and scan a product's barcode to automatically populate the product's UPC Code. You must click on the actual field in order to scan in the code. If you are on a product page and have not clicked on the UPC Code, scanning a barcode will not populate the product's UPC Code.
- *Price: Price of the product
- Compare at Price: This is an optional field that display the retail price to compare the savings(if a discounted price has been entered in the price field.
- Cost of Good: the cost of goods sold(COGS). Data entered here is used for reporting purposes.
- Tax Type: Choose the way this product will be taxed. The options are Wine, General Merchandise, Food, and NonTaxable.
- Has Inventory: Check this box to initialize inventory if you are managing inventory for this product in Commerce7. Set up the inventory policy as either "back order (customers can continue to purchase this product even when inventory is depleted), or "don't sell" (customers can no longer purchase this product when inventory is depleted). If your inventory for this product is going to be spread across multiple locations, here is how you can create multiple inventory locations.
- Shippable Product: Check this box if this product if you want shipping costs to be calculated for this product, and if you want the product to be sent to ShipCompliant and to fulfillment. Read more about Shippable Products here.
- Weight: Enter the weight of the product here so that shipping costs can be calculated on a shipping order.
- *Volume in ml: Enter the volume of the product here (i.e. 750 ml).
- Add Additional Variant: If you are setting up multiple volume sizes of this product, add an additional variant for the new size, complete the details for the additional variant, and save the variant details.
- Web Status: This is the status of the product on your website.
- Available - Available on website for purchase (regular product).
- Retired - The product will not show on the category list but will be available as a detailed page for SEO and there will be no 'Add to Cart' (this is more for marketing).
- Not Available - Will not be visible on the website
- Admin/POS/Club Status: Choose whether this product is available for orders in the Admin Panel, POS, and/or Club.
- Available - Visible on Admin/POS/Club as a product you can 'Add to Cart'.
- Not Available - Not visible and can not 'Add to Cart' on the Admin/POS/Club.
- Read more about the differences of Available, Retired, and Not Available statuses here.
- Department: Choose the department that your product belongs to. These are set up under Store > Departments. Read more about departments here.
- Vendor: This is an optional field where you can assign a vendor to your product (for personal reference if you need to keep track of who supplies this product to you. If tracking vendors in Commerce7, set theses up under Settings > Vendors.
- Manual Collections: If using manual product collections to assign products to collections on website or POS, choose the collection that you want your product to be displayed on and click "Add". A product can be displayed on multiple collections.
- Dynamic Collections: If using dynamic collections, their assignment will be displayed in this section.
- Wine Specifications:
- Vintage - If it's a Non-Vintage wine, choose the blank field.
- Product Template: If your designer has set up product templates for you, you can select from them in the "product template" field - otherwise just use the default template.
- Security: Products can be secured to club, tags, allocation or loyalty tiers.
Note: This field will become relevant if you create an allocation and include this product in that allocation. In this scenario, the allocation should be set up before you adjust the "security" field.
- Note that you can edit the online Security Message that displays when a Customer is not logged in.
- Product URL: Click the "edit" icon at the bottom of the screen to optionally edit the product meta tag title, meta tag description, and the product's URL (slug).
- Meta Data: After the product is saved, a Meta Data section is available to add Meta Data for this product. Read more about setting up product Meta Data here.
- Compliance: Once the product has been saved, you can add an override to the Operating Countries/States for this product on the Compliance tab. This is used if the compliance settings for this product are different than what is set up under your Settings > Operating Countries and States area.
If you need to set up an override, go to Compliance tab of the product, and select Override Operating Countries/States. Select the Pencil edit icon next to the country that you want to add an override for this product, and select the states where this product is available.