The ShipCompliant (SC) integration allows you to get real-time compliance checks and local tax rates for your Commerce7 orders.
In this article:
How it works
All orders in Commerce7 will flow to ShipCompliant (except 'carry out orders' which are optional), so it's important all products are configured properly in both Commerce7 and ShipCompliant. See the steps below on Connecting Your ShipCompliant Account.
Depending on the product setup in Commerce7, some products can be configured to not flow to Fulfillment. For more information, please review the following documentation on the 'Shippable Product' checkbox and what it means.
If you are using a ShipCompliant Partner for Fulfillment, it's also important to ensure your Shipping Codes are set up properly in Commerce7.
Refunded orders also flow to ShipCompliant in order to ensure balance in your reporting. We highly recommend reviewing the documentation on how to manage refunds in SC.
Note: The Order Type sent to ShipCompliant is either 'Internet' or 'In Person'. 'In Person' includes POS Orders - and 'Internet' includes all other order channels. The Fulfillment Type sent to ShipCompliant is either 'Club' for Club Orders or empty for all other Orders.
What flows where?
- Order originates in Commerce7.
- Commerce7 pushes the Order to ShipCompliant.
(Gift Messages: Note that the first 1950 characters of a Gift Message are passed to ShipCompliant as a 'Gift Note').
- ShipCompliant pushes the Order to Fulfillment (including InHouse).
- Fulfillment House pushes Tracking to ShipCompliant.
- ShipCompliant pushes Tracking to Commerce7.
Because of these syncs, you should not add another 3rd party shipment manager service (like Shippo) into the mix.
Connecting your ShipCompliant account
This video lays out the steps for integrating your ShipCompliant account with Commerce7:
Steps for integrating your ShipCompliant account with Commerce7:
Before you get started, verify that you have your ShipCompliant account configured properly (as outlined below).
Verify that your:
- Licenses setup and activated
- Product SKUS setup in SC (SKUS must match in Commerce7)
- A webservice account setup in SC for Commerce7
- Correct Shipping Codes added in Commerce7
If you have questions about your SC account setup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now let’s get your SC account connected to Commerce7!
Step 1: Navigate to Apps & Extensions in your Commerce7 dashboard and click on ShipCompliant.
Step 2: Configure your settings.
Here are what the settings mean:
- Mode: Toggle to ‘Production’
- Username: This is the username you set up for your webservice account in SC
- Password: This is the password you set up for your webservice account in SC
- Shipment Status: This is the status for the order when it hits SC. If you want orders to flow automatically to Fulfillment, choose ‘Sent to Fulfillment’ from this list. If you have questions about the Shipment Status that works best for you, contact email@example.com.
Not all SC Fulfillment partners are configured to have orders automatically flow, so you will want to check with your fulfillment house to confirm.
- Order Prefix: This is optional. Could be used if you have more than one brand using the same ShipCompliant account as a way to identify orders.
- Fulfillment House: Choose your fulfillment house from the list. Note: This list only show SC fulfillment partners. If you have questions about whether or not your fulfillment house is a SC partner, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Carrier Pickup Locations in Checkout: Complete this if using the HAL functionality
- Carrier Pickup Location Type: Complete this if using the HAL functionality
- Compliance Type: If you are you using a full ship compliant account, toggle to ‘Full Compliance Check.’ If you are using a Pass Thru Account, toggle to 'Level 1 Pass Thru.'
- Schedule task to check ShipCompliant to see if orders fulfilled: This is optional.
Note: if you leave this task is unchecked your orders will not automatically update with tracking information from SC.
Once checked Commerce7 will check paid orders from the last 90 days.
- Push carry out orders to ShipCompliant: This is optional.
- USA Taxes From: If you completed all the above steps you should toggle to ‘ShipCompliant.
Adding shipping codes
If you are using ShipCompliant, you will want to ensure you setup the appropriate carrier codes for your your shipping services under Settings > Shipping. It is extremely important the code is an EXACT match to the fulfillment option's code in ShipCompliant.
If you are unsure, contact for a list of ShipCompliant's Fulfillment Locations and Carrier/Shipping Service Codes. If you need more information on setting up shipping in Commerce7, click this link on How to Setup Shipping.
For quick reference, here are some common carrier codes you might need:
|Carrier Name||Service Level||Code|
|FedEx Ground Home||FGH|
|FedEx Priority Overnight||FXP|
|FedEx Standard Overnight||FXO|
|FedEx First Overnight||FXFO|
|FedEx Express Service||FXE|
|FedEx Express Saver||FXES|
|FedEx Second Day AM||FEXA|
|FedEx International Economy||FXIE|
|FedEx International First||FXIF|
|FedEx International Priority||FXIP|
|FedEx Cold Chain||FEXCC|
|UPS 2nd Day||UP2|
|UPS 2nd Day Air AM||2DM|
|UPS Next Day||UP1|
|UPS Next Day Air||UPO|
|UPS Next Day Air Early AM||UPA|
|UPS Next Day Air Saver||UPAS|
|UPS Next Day Air Service||UPSNS|
|UPS Worldwide Expidited SM||UPWEXS|
|UPS Worldwide Express Plus SM||UPWEXP|
|UPS LTL Standard||FTS|
|UPS LTL Express||FTX|
|UPS Ground Temp Controlled||CST8|
|USPS||USPS Parcel Post||USPSPP|
|USPS Global AirMail Parcel Post||UPSAPP|
|USPS Media Mail||USPSMM|
|USPS Priority Mail||USPSPM|
|USPS First Class Mail||USPSFCM|
|USPS Express Mail||USPSEM|
|USPS Global Economy||USPSGE|
|USPS Global Priority Mail||USPSGPM|
|USPS Gloabl Express Mail||USPSGEM|
|USPS Global Express Guaranteed||USPSGEG|
|USPS Global AirMail Letter Post||USPSGALP|
|DHL||DHL International Express||DHLIE|
|DHL 2nd Day||DHL2|
|DHL Next Day||DHLN|
|DHL Same Day||DHLS|
|GSO||Golden State Overnight||GSO|
|GSO California Parcel Service||CPS|
|GSO Early Priority Service||EPS|
|GSO Early Saturday Service||ESS|
|GSO Noon Priority Service||NPS|
|GSO Priotity Delivery Service||PDS|
|GSO Saturday Delivery Service||SDS|
|Custom||Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST1|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST2|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST3|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST4|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST5|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST6|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST7|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST8|
|Custom Shipping Service used to map to unique service types for certain fulfillment houses.||CST9|