What to do when your campaign is blocked and what to fix to avoid too many bounced emails and too few opens.
A campaign is blocked when there is not enough trusted emails in the batch. There are a few reasons a campaign can be blocked, the most common reasons are too many bounced emails or too few opens based on the first batch of emails sent.
How to fix blocked campaigns
Too many bounced emails
If your campaign is blocked because of too many bounced emails, we recommend reviewing the list by bounced emails and try to fix the emails addresses. Navigate to;
- Marketing tab
- Campaigns tab
- search and select the blocked campaign
- select the Events tab
- use the filter drop down and check off Bounce
View the bounced email list and click on the customer to view the customer profile. We recommend reaching out to the customer through an alternative email or phone number to replace the bounced email address.
Correcting and removing bounced email address on file will avoid future campaigns from being blocked from sending the next batch.
Once you have removed or corrected the bounced email addresses, you can;
- duplicate your campaign and send it again and by correcting or removing the email addressed that bounced they will not bounce again. Here is a link to Duplicating a campaign
submit a request to Support@commerce7.com and our team will review the details of your campaign, the reason it was blocked and the number of opens and bounced emails compared to the total send list and make the a recommendation or unblock your campaign.
Too few opens
If your campaign is blocked because of too few opened emails, we recommend reviewing the details of the campaign, navigate to Marketing > Campaigns > select the blocked campaign and the reason will be displayed across the top.
Review the details that would cause too few opens, i.e. the date and time of day the first batch was sent. Make note of any changes that are needed for your campaign email to send successfully.
Once you have reviewed the details of your campaign, you can;
- duplicate your campaign and then make any necessary changes that will ensure opens when you send it again. Here is a link to Duplicating a campaign
- submit a request to Support@commerce7.com and our team will review the details of your campaign and make the best recommendation or unblock your campaign.