Commerce7's automated club emails are a great way to automate your club communication, making your club processing quicker and more efficient.
Club members will be automatically receive two separate emails prior to your club auto process date which you have defined in your club package setup. For more information on setting up and processing a club package, click here.
In this article:
How club emails work
The timing of the automated club emails is pre-configured according to the following schedule;
- 2 weeks before the process date
- 2 days before the process date
After your club is processed, members with a declined or missing credit card will automatically receive a third automatic club email notifying them of the credit card decline.
The content of automated club emails can be edited the same way as other system transaction emails by clicking on Settings > Transaction Emails.
Simply click on the email you want to edit and edit the text to customize your message.
In the editor you can also change the address the email is sent from, the name of the sender and the subject line.
Do not edit or remove the system variables in the email. System variables are the pieces of content located between brackets.
To view and edit the dates the club emails are sent navigate to Club > Packages > select the club package you want to edit. The club package has to be set to Active to view the communication section.
Select the Edit icon to change the dates the emails.
Once you have selected Edit you can
- select the date inside the field and a calendar will appear to select an alternative date
- select the Don't Send Email and the club email will not send
- uncheck the box below if you don't want the club member to receive an automatic email if their credit card fails with a link to update
When you are finished edited, select SAVE
Once the club emails are sent to club members all club shipments that had a build status of Not Created will be updated to Built. This is because the system has to build the club shipment in order for it to appear in the email.
For more information about club shipment build status, click here.
Frequency asked questions
- How & When are the Automated Club Emails Triggered?The timing of the automated club emails is dependent on the process date of your club package. The process date is the date you selected in Step 1 of building your club package.
Do not change the process date in a club package after it has been set. If you change a process date on a club package, these emails WILL NOT automatically update and will continue to trigger based on the original process date of the package.
2. Who Will Receive the Automated Club Emails?
Everyone in the club package will receive the automated club emails, including members that are on hold for an upcoming package. This is so a customers that are on hold has an opportunity to take their membership off hold and re-engage with your wine club.
Cancelled club members will not receive club emails.
Depending on the status (i.e. Active or On Hold) the will change. For example, if the member is 'On Hold', the messaging will change offering an opportunity to take their club off hold.
On Hold Members:
3. How do I Turn Automated Club Emails On or Off?
To turn the automated club emails on or off, return to Step 1 of the club package setup. On the right hand side of the screen, select the edit icon.
Club emails are either all turned on or all turned off.
Note: To exclude a club member from receiving an upcoming club shipment, make sure the club member is added to the package and manually select skip on their club package.
4. How Does the Automated Credit Card Decline Email Work:
Note: Each time 'process' is selected on a club package, members with a declined credit card will receive the decline credit card email.
6. Will cancelled club members receive automatic club emails?
7. Do we get notification when a club member updates their credit card information?
If a new credit card is added or updated, you as the admin will receive the 'new credit card' notification or 'edit credit card' notification found under Settings > Notifications.
8. Why do people that have their package on hold, get the automated club emails?
Members who are on hold will still receive the automated club emails to remind them of what they are missing and give them the opportunity to take their membership off of being on hold.
9. Will the automated credit card decline email say why the credit card failed? i.e. expiry
No, the details around the decline will not be provided. To view the automated credit card decline email you can click on Settings > Transaction Emails > Club Member Shipment Credit Card Decline
10. What if my package is already setup? Will these emails be automatically turned on for me?
If you have a legacy package already setup, the automated club emails will be added but will default to 'not send.' You can choose to turn these to send if you wish.
11. Can I change the timing around the automated emails (i.e send at 1 week instead of 2 weeks etc)?
We recommend leaving the send dates as they are (i.e. 2 weeks and 2 days out); However, the system will allow you to change the date the automated emails will send. You can do this by clicking into the club package because and clicking the pencil icon above the email section on the right hand side of the screen.
12. I need to delay my club shipment - what do I do about the automated club emails?
If your emails have not been sent yet, you can change the date of the emails to accommodate the delay.
13. What time of day are the club emails delivered to the club members?
Club emails will send at 8:00 a.m. PT on the date the club email is scheduled. For example if you 2 week email is set to send on March 1, it will send at 8:00 a.m. PT on March 1.