Commerce7's automated club emails are a great way to automate your club communication, making your club processing quicker and more efficient.
Club members will be automatically receive two separate emails prior to your club auto process date which you have defined in your club package setup. For more information on setting up and processing a club package, click here.
In this article:
How Club Emails Work
There are 3 automated club package emails:
- 2 week reminder Send 2 weeks before the auto-process date to edit the any club shipment information or items
- 2 day reminder: Sent 2 days before auto-process date
- Credit card decline: Members with a declined or missing credit card will automatically receive an automatic club email notifying them of the credit card decline.
Editing your Club Emails & Send Dates
The content of automated club emails can be edited the same way as other system transaction emails by clicking on
- To edit your club emails, go to Settings > Transaction Emails
- The 3 emails that we're looking for are the:
- Club Member Shipment 2 Days Away
- Club Member Shipment 2 Weeks Away
- Club Member Shipment Credit Card Decline
- Click the email that you want to edit and you can start customizing the email content.
Note: Do not change or remove the system variables in the email. System variables are the pieces of content located between brackets. Once the email is sent, these will pull in and display the customer's membership and shipment information in the email.
- You can also change the address the email is sent from, the name of the sender and the subject line.
- To view and edit the dates the club emails are sent, navigate to Club > Packages and select the club package. On the right-hand side of the "Configure" step, you'll see a section for Communication.
Note: The club package must be set to Active to view the Communication section. You only want to make your club package active if you're done with planning and you're ready for customers to see it online. If not, save this step for later.
- Click the pencil to edit the dates
- The dates for the 2 reminder emails will automatically be set to 2 weeks and 2 days prior to your package's auto-process date, but you can edit them to be anything you'd like.
You can also click the "X" next to the date to skip the sending of that email completely. (We recommend leaving these on.)
Note: If you change your club auto-process date, these dates will not re-adjust automatically. You'll want to edit
- Keep Email on every credit card failure selected to send the automatic card decline email. Or you can uncheck it to turn it off.
- When you're done, click Save Communication
Frequency asked questions
- How & when are the automated club emails triggered?
The timing of the automated club emails is dependent on the process date of your club package. The process date is the date you selected in Step 1 of building your club package.
Note: If you change the auto-process date after your package is made active, these emails will not automatically readjust to the new dates.
- Who receives the automated club emails?
All "Active" or "On Hold" members in the club package will receive the automated club emails. (Members that are "on hold" are included so that have the opportunity to take the membership off hold, re-engage with your wine club, and not miss the shipment.) Cancelled club members will not receive club emails.
Depending on the membership status, the content of the email will be slightly different though. The will update based on the member.
- Active Members
- On Hold Members
- Active Members
- How do I turn automated club emails on or off?
- Return to Step 1 of the club package setup (your package must be "Active)
- On the right hand side of the screen, select the edit icon.
- Click the "X" in the date-picker for either the 2 week or 2 day reminder email.
- How do I exclude a member from receiving an upcoming club shipment?
If the membership is still active, make sure that they are added to the club package, then in the "Members" tab, click "Skip".
- How Does the Automated Credit Card Decline Email Work
After a club is processed all the members with a credit card decline will receive an automatic email notification. The email will include a link to their account so they can easily update their credit card information.
Note: Each time 'process' is selected on a club package, members with a declined credit card will receive the decline credit card email.
6. Will cancelled club members receive automatic club emails?
7. Do we get notification when a club member updates their credit card information?
If a new credit card is added or updated, you as the admin will receive the 'new credit card' notification or 'edit credit card' notification found under Settings > Notifications.
8. Why do people that have their package on hold, get the automated club emails?
Members who are on hold will still receive the automated club emails to remind them of what they are missing and give them the opportunity to take their membership off of being on hold.
9. Will the automated credit card decline email say why the credit card failed? i.e. expiry
No, the details around the decline will not be provided. To view the automated credit card decline email you can click on Settings > Transaction Emails > Club Member Shipment Credit Card Decline
10. What if my package is already setup? Will these emails be automatically turned on for me?
If you have a legacy package already setup, the automated club emails will be added but will default to 'not send.' You can choose to turn these to send if you wish.
11. Can I change the timing around the automated emails (i.e send at 1 week instead of 2 weeks etc)?
We recommend leaving the send dates as they are (i.e. 2 weeks and 2 days out); However, the system will allow you to change the date the automated emails will send. You can do this by clicking into the club package because and clicking the pencil icon above the email section on the right hand side of the screen.
12. I need to delay my club shipment - what do I do about the automated club emails?
If your emails have not been sent yet, you can change the date of the emails to accommodate the delay.
13. What time of day are the club emails delivered to the club members?
Club emails will send at 8:00 a.m. on the date the club email is scheduled. For example if you 2 week email is set to send on March 1, and have your settings set to PT, it will send at 8:00 a.m. PT on March 1. (8 am based on Time Zone in Settings)