Learn more about how to edit and use the pre-built 'Customer Welcome' Campaign Email Template.
This template is designed to be sent to new customers, giving them a warm welcome and informing them about the system switch. It also includes instructions about how they can log in to access their new account on your site.
The following is a quick overview. If you're new to the Campaigns feature, we highly recommend checking out our comprehensive article. It will provide you with all the information you need to create, edit, test, and send your Campaign successfully.
- The very first thing is to be sure that your Email Theme Builder elements are configured with the design elements that you want. Learn about the Theme Builder here.
- Once your Theme Builder elements are all set, click on Marketing > Campaigns, then Add Campaign.
- You will see 5 email templates. Click the template called Customer Welcome.
- Enter general information about your campaign:
- Title: This is not customer facing.
- Recipients (choose a tagged segment): The 'To' field searches for Customer Tags only. If you do not have a tagged Customer segment with the desired list, you can learn about creating Customer Queries and how to Tag those results here. Note: A campaign can only be sent to one Customer list at a time.
- From Name + From Email: This is what Customers will see in their inbox when they receive the email. (The defaults here are populated from Settings > Email > Campaign Sender.)
- Subject Line: The Title that appears in the customer's inbox.
- Preview Text: The email description that appears under the Title in the Customer's inbox.
- Next up, let's edit the content!
Editing the Content Block(s)
Here are some quick instructions about how to edit/add content. If you're new to the Campaigns feature, we highly recommend checking out our comprehensive article. It will provide you with all the information you need to create, edit, test, and send your Campaign successfully.
- To edit the content, click the content block in the email preview on the left.
- This will open up the editable content fields on the right.
- Edit the content accordingly.
- IMPORTANT: Don't forget to edit the default Password Reset link. Switch out the 'yourdomainhere' with your actual domain.
- Next, highlight and copy the URL - and click the link icon in the toolbar.
- Paste the URL into the URL field in the popup and click Save.
- From here, you can add additional content blocks (if you'd like to).
- Test and Send your Campaign. Learn how here.