If you're switching from a different gateway to Commerce7 Payments, there are a few considerations. If you're just signing up and aren't switching, you can start here.
- Cancelling your Current Gateway (Options for Both Existing and New Commerce7 Clients)
- Connecting Commerce7 Payments & Stripe
- Compatible hardware
If you're not located in the US, the primary payment gateway for non-US clients is Stripe. You can get started by creating a Stripe account; learn more here.
Cancelling Your Current Gateway & Card Migration Options
Existing Commerce7 Clients
If you are an existing Commerce7 Client, then cancelling your gateway is optional.
What happens if you decide to not cancel your current gateway?
The main benefit of not cancelling your gateway is that there will be no need to migrate cards. Commerce7 Payments has the ability to still process those saved cards through your previous gateway.
What happens if you decide to cancel your current gateway and move your cards to Commerce7 Payments? (Recommended)
If you do want to migrate credit cards to Commerce7 Payments (recommended), please send an email to email@example.com and our team will guide you through the card migration process. We will work with you to facilitate card migration from your current gateway to Commerce7 Payments.
- Why do we recommend migrating your cards to Commerce7 Payments?
- It's more convenient to manage one gateway instead of two (reporting, etc).
- You will no longer be billed by the old gateway once you cancel their service.
- If you are a New/Onboarding Commerce7 Client, here are your options:
- Migrate your cards: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will guide you through the card migration process. We will work with you to facilitate card migration from your current gateway to Commerce7 Payments.
- Start fresh: If you choose to not migrate your cards, then you can simply start fresh in Commerce7 with no saved Customers cards.
Connecting Commerce7 Payments & Stripe
Payments can be set up in the admin panel under Settings > Payments. For more information on the steps, read more here.
If you're switching from another gateway, you can learn more about the migration process here.
Commerce7 Payments offers competitive, negotiable rates for all transactions that take place through our in-house gateway for our US clients. (If you would like to switch to Commerce7 Payments, read more here.)
Stripe (Clients outside US)
- Canada - https://stripe.com/en-ca/pricing
- AU - https://stripe.com/au/pricing
- NZ - https://stripe.com/nz/pricing
Commerce7 Payments & Stripe deposits (US clients only)
US wineries using Commerce7 Payments with Stripe can expect to see two different deposits in their bank accounts. Since Stripe will be handling payments such as ApplePay and GooglePay, they will be deposited separately from rest of transactions that are done through Commerce7 Payments.
Stripe deposits will have fees debited from account after they have been deposited into account.
You need to purchase a compatible EMV device listed here. The Poynt devices will NOT work for Commerce7 Payments.