In this article:
Cancelling a membership
- To cancel a club membership, start by searching for the club member under Club > Memberships
- Select the club member
- On the Summary tab, click Cancel Membership
- Use the dropdown menu to select a Cancellation Reason for the cancellation (this is a required field). You also have the option to include a Cancellation Comment.
We strongly recommend entering accurate information and notes as you'll be able to report and track this information to better understand why members are cancelling.
- Keep Send Club Cancel Confirmation Email checked to send the transaction email called "Club Cancel Confirmation" to the customer.
- Click Cancel Membership to confirm the cancellation.
Removing a cancellation
If you made an error or the club member has changed their mind, under the club membership:
- Click Cancel Membership to open the cancellation modal
- Then click Remove Cancellation
- Can I add more cancellation reasons?
There is no way to add or edit club cancellation reason in Commerce7. The list of reasons is managed by Commerce7 and the same list displays for all our clients. We would recommend using the Cancellation Comments section for custom notes and explanations.
We currently have: Too much wine, Financial reason, Health reason, Pregnant, Moving, Switch to another club (won't trigger cancellation email if you choose this reason), and Other.
Will cancelled members be processed in my club package?
No, cancelled club members will not be processed in your package. The member will be listed in the club package if they cancelled after it was created, but you don't need to manually skip them.
Same goes for On Hold club members - They will be included in the club package if they went on hold after it was created, but they cannot be processed as long as the hold exists.
Why am I still seeing cancelled club members in my club package?
It depends when the package is created. If the member was added to the package already and then gets cancelled, he/she will remain on the list but will say "Membership is Not Active".If they were already cancelled before you created a package, they will not be pulled into the package when you create it.You don't need to skip the cancelled ones - they won't get processed.