Learn how to edit text on your website if you are on V1.
Commerce7's frontend widgets and ecommerce tools are equipped with a variety of default messages that enhance the user experience. For example, our Cart widget comes with default Help message.
NOTE: This article is for sites utilizing V1. If you are on V2, click here.
Please note that you cannot add additional messages to different areas of your website through this tool.
In this article:
List of Website Messages
These messages may vary depending on if your website is on V1 or V2. We also periodically add more. If you can't find the specific message you're searching for in the list provided, make sure to utilize the search field within the Languages (or Website Messages) tool. This will help you quickly locate the message you need.
- Cart Help: Displays below items in the cart
- Checkout & Club Signup Footer: Displays on the bottom of the checkout and club signup forms
- Checkout Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page during checkout
- Checkout Message: Displays on the top of the checkout form, below your logo and above contact Information
- Club Receipt Message: Displays upon completion of a club signup
- Club Signup Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page during club signup
- Club Signup Message: Displays on the top of the club signup form, below your logo and above contact information
- Create Account Message: Displays at the top of the account creation form
- Email Marketing Message: Displays on account information forms below the subscribe to email marketing (optional field)
- Empty Cart: Displays on the cart when there are no items
- Login Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page
- Login Help: Displays on the bottom of the Account Login page
- Order Receipt Page: Displayed when a website order is successfully processed
- Profile Welcome Message: Displays on the top of the customer profile page, above the order history section
- Reservation Checkout Message: Displays at the top during reservation checkout
- Reservation Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page during checkout of a reservation
- Reservation Receipt Message: Displayed when a reservation is successfully booked
- Security Statement: Displays on the bottom of any login forms, as well as Forgot Password and Magic Link page
- Side Cart Message: Displays below items on your side cart
- Subscribe Message: Displays next to the opt in box during checkout or during club signup
- Why don't I see the Website Messages feature in my Settings?
If you don't see the Website Messages feature in Settings, this means you are on V2. Click here to learn how to changing messaging/language on V2.
- Why isn't the message updating after I edit it?
Occasionally, your website may take a moment to update and display the new text. To resolve this, you can try clearing your browser's cache, opening the screen in an incognito tab, or simply waiting for a little while. Later in the day, check your website again to see if the updates are now live.
- There's a word or phrase on my website that I want to change, but it's not showing as an editable option. How do I edit it?
The Commerce7 tools apply to your website's Cart, Products, Checkout, and Customer Profile areas. If there is text on your website that you would like to change, but it is not located in the areas mentioned above, it is likely outside of the Commerce7 tools and may require assistance from your website designer to update.