Commerce7's frontend widgets / ecommerce tools come with a number of default messages. For example, our cart widget comes with default help message. You can find all Commerce7 website messages by navigating to Settings > Website Messages in the admin panel. Messages that can be edited are displayed here. Please note that you cannot add additional messages to different areas of your website through this tool.
In this article:
List of Website Messages
There will be a different message to edit depending on if your website is on V1 or V2. You can use the search filter to see only the messages applicable to you.
- Cart Help: Displays below items in the cart
- Checkout & Club Signup Footer: Displays on the bottom of the checkout and club signup forms
- Checkout Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page during checkout
- Checkout Message: Displays on the top of the checkout form, below your logo and above contact Information
- Club Receipt Message: Displays upon completion of a club signup
- Club Signup Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page during club signup
- Club Signup Message: Displays on the top of the club signup form, below your logo and above contact information
- Create Account Message: Displays at the top of the account creation form
- Email Marketing Message: Displays on account information forms below the subscribe to email marketing (optional field)
- Empty Cart: Displays on the cart when there are no items
- Login Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page
- Login Help: Displays on the bottom of the Account Login page
- Order Receipt Page: Displayed when a website order is successfully processed
- Profile Welcome Message: Displays on the top of the customer profile page, above the order history section
- Reservation Checkout Message: Displays at the top during reservation checkout
- Reservation Create Account: Displays on the Account Login page during checkout of a reservation
- Reservation Receipt Message: Displayed when a reservation is successfully booked
- Security Statement: Displays on the bottom of any login forms, as well as Forgot Password and Magic Link page
- Side Cart Message: Displays below items on your side cart
- Subscribe Message: Displays next to the opt in box during checkout or during club signup
Editing a Message
- To edit a message, simply click on it. You can edit the content displayed in the message using the built in wysiwyg editor.
- Your designer can further adjust the formatting/design of these messages through the CSS.
- If you want to reset your message to its original content, select "Reset to Original Content"
- Why isn't the message updating after I edit it?
- First, make sure you are editing the correct message based on which version your website is on. There is a V1 and V2 for the frontend website. If you signed up after Sept 2021, you should be on V2 or you may have upgraded your current website. If you're unsure, you can always try updating both messages and see which one takes effect
- Sometimes it takes a little bit of time for your website to "refresh" and use the new text. Try clearing your browser cache or opening the screen in an incognito tab or simply wait a little bit and check your website later in the day to see if the updates are live.
- There's text on my website, but I don't see a "Website Message" for it. How do I edit it?
- The Commerce7 tools apply to your website's cart, products, checkout, and customer profile areas. There are a couple of areas that don't yet have an editable Website Message so the text might not be editable. If you see text somewhere else on your website (not in those areas) that you want to change, it might be outside of the Commerce7 tools and something that your website designer can update.