The iDynamo 6 device is a payment terminal compatible with Commerce7. Follow these instructions to get your iDynamo device up and running!
Getting StartedFollow the instructions below to set up the device based on if you're using an iPad or iPhone (iOS only). Once the device is configured, add it to your Commerce7 POS Profile settings.
- iDynamo 6 Setup for iPad or iPhone (iOS only)
- Adding the Device to your POS Profile VIDEO
- Deleting the Device from your POS Profile
- Workflow: Using the iDynamo 6
- Protecting your iOS device / iDynamo
Stuck? Having trouble with installation? Sometimes simply deleting the MagneFlex app and re-installing it is the best course of action.
However, if you need help with set up and would like to set up a Zoom call to walk you through it - send us an email at email@example.com.
Setting Up iDynamo 6 for Commerce7 (iOS)
You can pair a single iDynamo 6 to multiple iPads following the steps below. If you have multiple iDynamo's, do not pair multiple iDynamos to one tablet, as it is not possible to select which one to use. Note that if you are using an iPad, your iPad must be able to run the latest IOS version. (It may run on older iOS versions but compatibility is not guaranteed).
- What's in the box?
- iDynamo 6 device
- Connects using USB-C or Lightning connector depending on your iPad (The applicable connector port is built into the device - which was defined when you placed your iDynamo order).
- iDynamo 6 device
- On your iOS device, download the MagneFlex Browser for iOS (click here) or you can search for "MagneFlex" in the App Store. Note that if you are using an iPad, your iPad must be able to run the latest IOS version. (It may run on older iOS versions but compatibility is not guaranteed).
- Plug the iDynamo device into your iPad using the USB-C or Lightning Connector (depending on your iPad).
- Launch the MagneFlex application.
- Now go back to the home screen and click Admin select Set Reader(s)
- Check the circle next to Physical Connection then select the arrow to the right of kDynamo.
:::IMPORTANT::: CHOOSE kDynamo, NOT iDynamo.
- Select Set as Default, then click Add Device (also may say Save Device Information).
- You will be taken back to this screen and you will see a message at the top. Your default device is kDynamo.
- Your device is now paired and set up with the iDynamo 6!
Adding Commerce7 POS to MagneFlex as the "Default Web App"
Now that your iOS device is paired and set up with the iDynamo 6, you just need to configure the device to connect to the Commerce7 App.
- On the MagneFlex App, click Web Applications and select Favorites
- Click the paperclip / link icon in the upper right corner.
- Type in POS for the name
- Click Set as default website
- Then on Enter URL and Credentials click Browse to login page >
- Enter https://pos.platform.commerce7.com and click Go on your keyboard
- Click off of the field / minimize the keyboard on your device, then click the arrow icon (see image below) at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Save Site Information to save this favorite.
- Now you can click the back arrow
- Back on the home screen, click Web Applications and then Launch Settings
- Check Default Web App
- Now you can close the app and re-open it and it will open Commerce7 POS as the default App.
- Finally, add the iDynamo device to your POS Profile. Learn how here.
Connecting/Charging Using USB or Lightning Connector
The iDynamo 6 is connected to the iPad and therefore is powered by the iPad. It can connect via USB-C or Lightning Connector (depending on your version of iPad).
Adding the Device to Your POS Profile Settings
Note that these instructions are identical for both the tDynamo and the iDynamo6. Therefore, even though you are setting up the iDynamo 6, you will be adding the 'tDynamo' in the Commerce7 POS Profile.
- In Admin, go to Settings > POS Profiles
- Select the POS Profile(s) that you want to add the device to. (If you don't have a POS Profile yet, learn more about setting one up here.)
- Scroll down to Chip & Pin Devices
- Click Add tDynamo Device (even though you are adding an iDynamo 6 device). It will look like you need to enter information into the Title and Terminal ID fields, but you do not.
You only need one POS profile and one tDynamo entry no matter how many iDynamo devices you have.
Delete the iDynamo Pairing from your POS Profile
If you need to delete the iDynamo pairing from your POS Profile, simply click on the trashcan icon beside the tDynamo entry.
Workflow: Using the iDynamo
- When your Customer is ready to checkout, click the Pay button in your POS device.
- Be sure that the iDynamo is 'awake' by clicking the power button quickly, one time.
- On your POS device, click 'EMV'.
- Choose iDynamo and click the 'Send to EMV Device button'. You'll see a progress screen as it connects.
- This will bring up a Tip modal on your POS device. Hand the device to your Customer so that they can choose an applicable tip.
- Finally, ask the Customer to swipe, tap or insert the card into the iDynamo to complete the transaction.
Protecting your iPad and iDynamo
You can purchase an protective case for your iPad.
Contact POSGuys.com to place your order!
- Protects your iPad and iDynamo 6
- Purchase Price: $275.00/each
- Available for iPad:
- What it is: NCL-10.2-IDYNAMO6-MOD---NCL-10.2 NClose Tablet Enclosure for 10.2" iPad. Supports iDynamo Card Reader.
- What it includes:
- 10.2" Tablet Enclosure
Troubleshooting/FAQsWhy can't I send a transaction to the iDynamo device?
- A couple of things to try:
- Be sure the device is turned on.
- Confirm that you see an 'on' indicator light on the device before hitting the "EMV" button.
- If you have tried all other troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues, one last option you can try is to uninstall the MagneFlex app from your mobile device and then reinstall it. After reinstalling the app, you will need to repeat the setup steps mentioned above from the beginning. This can sometimes help resolve any persistent issues you may be encountering.
- Are iDynamo's sturdy?
There is a known problem in which iOS disconnects (and can damage) lightning accessories when the iPad is locked.
To prevent connection issues, users need to change the settings in the iPad to never auto-lock. This can be done on the iPad under Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock set to 'Never'.
Newer iPads will also have an option to lock when it senses the closure of a cover. If available, users should also set this to No/Never.
What if the iPad locks?
If your iPad locks and you lose connection, do the following:
Try this first: Power off and on the iPad. This will generally do the trick.
You can also try this:
- Download the Magtek Test App on the App Store.
- Open the App and click the “Connect” button.
- Open Commerce7 and your swipe should work.