After your club package processes, there will likely be a couple of orders that have a declined payment. This is how you can manage your declines and update them.
Tip: Want to proactively know which club members have credit cards that are expiring soon? Build a Club Membership query to identify them for outreach. Learn More
Customer Decline Notifications
Commerce7 has an automatic email to let customers know if their card is declined. We strongly recommend enabling this setting (if it's not already), to prompt users to update their information online. The email will only be sent if there is an attempt to process the member's card and it fails. The email will link them to their account online.
- In your club package under Step 1:Configure, on the right-hand side you'll see a section for Communications
- Click Edit
- Make sure that Email on every credit card failure box is selected and click Save
- The email that is sent can be found under Settings > Transaction Emails > Club Member Shipment Credit Card Decline.
Learn more about club emails here.
- To see any/all club members who declined on a club package, go to the Step 3: Members tab
- Click More Filters and then Payment Status. Select Declined and Apply Filter
- To retry processing the declined orders in the club package, filter by all shipments with a payment status of declined (see above).
- Then at the top of the page, click More Actions > Process
This will retry processing only the orders that you currently have filtered and if the credit card is updated the club package will process and turn into an order. If the credit card is declined a second time, the club will receive another club decline notification (if turned on).
Updating a Member's Credit Card
To update the member's credit card so that you can attempt to reprocess, you need to either go to their membership or their upcoming shipment.
- From the shipment:
- Locate the member in Step 3: Members tab of the club package
- Click on the member
- Skip to step 3
- From the membership
- Go to Club > Memberships > select the member.
- Go to the Shipments tab and click View for the order with the declined credit card.
- Scroll down and click Edit on the Club Membership Payment.
- If the club member has another credit card on file, you can select the other card to use. Or you can add the new credit card information and select Default Credit Card if this card should be their new default card.
Note: When editing a credit card on file, all credit card information is required. (ie. Full credit card number, expiry date, CVV code and name on the credit card.) For security reasons this information isn't directly editable or saved within Commerce7.)
Ensure the customer has provided all this information when updating a credit card for them.
- Once the credit card information has been updated, you can retry the shipment by selecting Process Shipment at the bottom of the page.
- If the payment successfully completes, you'll see that the package is processed and their club order is created. (An order number will be created and the order number will be clickable on their club shipment.)