Apple Pay is payment option that allows customers using Safari to quickly complete their purchases.
This feature is only available for those using Fullsteam Payments and on V2.
With Apple Pay, new customers will be able to quickly complete a product purchase or sign up for a club (note that Apple Pay cannot be used to purchase Reservations at this time).
When using Safari, customers will be presented with an "Apple Pay" option during the first step of the Checkout or Club Signup process. By clicking on this option, a modal will appear where customers can conveniently view all of their shipping and billing information that is already filled in from their Apple account. All they need to do is simply click "Pay" to complete their purchase!
In this article:
Step 1: Adding your Stripe account
Note: Stripe is needed to offer Apple Pay. If you don't already have a Stripe account, follow the instructions here first to set one up. Once you have an account, you can proceed with the next steps.
- Go to Settings > Payments
- Click Activate on Stripe and enter your account details
Step 2: Enabling Apple Pay
Now that Stripe is activated, you can enable Apple Pay.
- Under Settings > Payment > Stripe > Apple Pay, click to download the domain associate file linked in the Stripe section. This is a file you need to add to your website to prove to Apple you own the domain and content.
- Work with your designer to add a path for /.well-known/apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association on your website.
- Upload the domain associate file under that website path.
- Back in your payment setting in Commerce7, click the Register button beside the Apple Pay option.
- A window will open where you can enter in your website URL. By default, Commerce7 will auto-populate this field with whatever URL you have under Settings > General, but you can edit this text.
- Click Register Apple Pay from the window.
- Your domain is now submitted for registration. This can take 3-24 hours. Please note that the status does not display in Commerce7, but you can simply go to your website in Safari to test if it's live. Learn more about viewing online here.
Registering Apple Pay On Multiple Sites
Tip: If you'd like to set up Apple Pay to work on more than one site, you can register both URL's for Apple Pay. After clicking Register in step 4, enter one URL, then Register Apple Pay. When the modal closes, click Register again, and enter the second URL and Register Apple Pay. (The URL that is populated in the window is not the URL that you previously entered; it is just the URL from your general account settings. You can clear it and enter the second URL.)
If you would like to learn about enabling Apple Tap to Pay for POS, click here!
Viewing Apple Pay online
Once you have completed the steps above, if everything is set up correctly, you'll see the new "Apple Pay" option online when using Safari. (Apple Pay only works in Safari, for customers using Google Chrome, enable Google Pay.)
- Go to your website in Safari.
- Make sure that you are not logged in as Apple Pay only appears for new/guest customers. (While we may add it in the future for existing customers, guest customers don't have any information with you yet so they'll see biggest benefit from using the tool.)
- Add a product to your cart and click Proceed to Checkout
- On the first step, there will be a new option for Apple Pay.
- When clicked, Apple Pay's modal will appear with their Apple account information.
- The customer can edit any information if they need to.
- Then they can confirm on the current device (desktop or iPhone) and the order is complete!
If they are using a desktop computer, the payment prompt will also appear on their phone (if it's an iPhone).
- Apple Pay cannot be used to purchase Reservations.
- When Apple Pay is used to pay for an online Purchase - or to sign up for a Club, that Payment Method is saved to the Customer's Profile.