Submitting a good support ticket can help get your issue solved as quickly as possible.
Our support team at Commerce7 receives a high number of tickets daily, so the easier you make it for the support team, the faster they will be able to find a solution for you. Follow these tips to submit the best ticket possible and avoid unnecessary back and forth.
- 🔍 Be Detailed: When explaining your problem, try to be as detailed as possible. The more information the better. Lots of times the support team receives tickets that are only a sentence or two, and inevitably requires a follow up email just to better understand the problem. Make sure to touch on when the problem started, and what you are expecting to see vs what you are actually seeing.
- 📷 Add Photos/Screenshot/Videos: In the world of support, pictures really are worth 1000 words. Adding photos, screenshots, or videos can be a great way to help make it clear what you are referring to, and to help the support team member get a sense of the problem. This can include everything from images of the error messages, videos of the website page that isn’t working correctly, or even promotion you are referring to.
- 📍 Add Key Identifiers: When explaining your problem, it's extremely helpful to be precise in what you are referring to. This can be done for example by including the actual order #, the name of the promotion (instead of just explaining what it does), or the name of the club package that has an issue. This level of detail helps us find exactly what you are referring to.
- 🔗 Use Links: If you can copy the exact link to a club package, an order, promotion, or anything else in your admin panel or website, it helps the support team be able to immediately navigate to that page. This avoids the extra work of having to search up your account and find where the problem is.
- 📚 Add Examples: When necessary, if you can give the support team a couple of examples to demonstrate the problem, it helps them reproduce the issue and identify the core of the problem. This can be done, for example, by setting up a cart with a customer who should be receiving a promotion so the support team can check why they aren’t, or sending a CRM profile for a customer who should be getting a dynamic tag but isn’t. When in doubt the more detail the better.
- ⌚ Be Patient: Our support team is actively working on tickets, and aim to have tickets closed within a 24 hour window (although it's usually much shorter). In some cases, if your ticket issue is more complicated, then it may involve more time for consideration, additional testing, or even the involvement of other departments at Commerce7.