How the AvaTax integration works and setup instructions.
Avalara AvaTax integration provides real time tax rates and reporting from Avalara AvaTax.
This integration requires an Avalara AvaTax account
Navigate to Apps & Extensions > scroll down to the Commerce7 Extensions > select Avalara AvaTax
Once you have you Avalara Ava Tax account configured, use the information from your account to fill in the fields;
Is Active - use the drop down to select Active when you are ready.
Mode - use the drop down menu to select Production
Account Number - enter your Avalara AvaTax account number in this field.
License Key - enter the License Key provided by Avalara AvaTax in this field.
Once you have the proper information select, select Test Connection
Tax Mode optons:
- Calculate Only - taxes will pull from the Avalara AvaTax table and will apply to the cart in Commerce7 but the order does not send to Avalara
- Calculate and Commit - taxes will pull from the Avalara Ava Tax table and the order will send to Avalara
Company Code - select Commerce7 Platform Inc. Note: you must Test Connection before this option is available.
Wine Tax Code - enter the wine tax code from your Avalara AvaTax account
Food Tax Code - enter the food tax code from your Avalara AvaTax account
General Merchandise Code enter the general merchandise tax code from your Avalara AvaTax account
Freight Tax Code - enter the freight tax code from your Avalara AvaTax account
USA Tax From options:
- ShipComplaint (free courtesy Commerce7) - this will pull the taxes from the free tax table provided by ShipComplaint. These tax rates can't be changed or customized. For more information, click here.
- ShipCompliant (will activate ShipComplaint App) - this requires a ShipComplaint web service account and will pull the tax rates from the table in your ShipCompliant account. These tax rates can be adjusted within the ShipComplaint account. For more information, click here.
- Avalara - this will pull the tax rates you have set in your Avalara AvaTax account.
Once you have all the fields properly fill, select Save.