If you are migrating your credit cards to Commerce7 you will first want to make sure you are working with a data migration specialist. If you do not have a data migration specialist you can get started by contacting a someone here.
Note: The migration will only upload credit cards associated to club memberships so this will be a single card per customer.
Here are the steps to follow to complete a successful transfer of credit cards to CardConnect.
- You or Your data migration specialist should determine where your credit cards are currently stored. This will typically be with your current payment gateway; However, in some cases this may be your current software provider. Note: If you are migrating from WineDirect, your credit cards will be store with WineDirect.
- Next, you an/or your data migration specialist should co-ordinate on when to request the card export from your current gateway or software provider (wherever you have determined the credit card data is stored). You should consider timing of launch including the delta period between the card export from your current system and the launch with Commerce7. You should also consider that Card Connect will require a few days to complete the import.
- Once you have coordinated an export date, you can contact your current provider to request the export. Please request that the exported file be sent directly to Justin at CardConnect at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. You will likely need to also provide CardConnect's AOC file and this link to the public PGP key for Card Connect. https://developer.cardconnect.com/cardconnect-public-pgp-key
- Next, you or your data migration specialist should reach out to Justin at CardConnect by emailing email@example.com. You will want to let him know when to expect a file from your current provider. Please include the following in your email;
a. the scheduled day
b. the name of the client that owns the CardConnect account
c. the Card Connect merchantID
d. the contact info and email address of the data migration specialist that should receive the file after the tokens have been populated.
- Once CardConnect receives the file, they will require a couple of days to tokenize the cards.
- Card Connect will send the new file that now includes the profileIds (Tokens) to the email that was provided to them in Step 4 above (data migration specialist).
- The data migration specialist will receive the file. They will match the tokens in the file based on customer number and credit card last 4 to their customer / club data that has been uploaded to Commerce7 and then upload the tokens.